Confidentiality is at the core of high quality patient care. The Dr. Arenia C. Mallory Community Health Center takes your right to privacy and confidentiality very seriously, and has set up a number of mechanisms to assure that the confidentiality of patient information is protected. In addition, we want to:
- Provide you with the highest quality healthcare possible
- Provide you with care in a safe effective manner
- Ensure your dignity
- Respect your rights as a patient
MALLORY CHC NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
Health and Safety. Your health information may be disclosed to avert a serious threat to the health or safety of you or any other person pursuant to applicable law.
Government Functions. Your Health information may be disclosed for specialized government functions such as regulations related to Worker’s Compensation.
Other Uses. Other uses and disclosures will be made with your written authorization and you may revoke the authorization except to the extent Mallory CHC has taken action in reliance on the authorization.
You have the right to:
- Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your information as provided by 45 C.F.R. §164.522; however, Mallory CHC is not required to agree to requested restriction
- Obtain a paper copy of the notice of information practices upon request
- Inspect and obtain a copy of your health record as provide for in 5 C.F.R. §164.524
- Request that your health record be amended as provided in 45 C.F.R. §164.526
- Request communications of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations
- Receive an accounting of disclosures made of your health information as provided 45 C.F.R § .258
OBLIGATIONS OF MALLORY CHC
Mallory CHC is required by law to:
- Maintain the privacy of protected health information
- Provide you with this notice of the legal duties and privacy practices with respect to health information
- Abide by the terms of this notice
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction on how your information is used or disclosed
- Accommodate reasonable request you may make to communicate health information by alternative means or at alternative location
Mallory CHC reserves the right to change the information practices and to make the new provisions effective for all protected health information it maintains. Revised Notices will be made available to you by posting a copy of this notice in a prominent place on our premises.
EFFECTIVE DATE -THIS IS EFFECTIVE AS OF APRIL 24, 2020
Dr. Arenia C. Mallory Community Health Center, Inc. does not discriminate against any person because of age, race, color, religious creed, ethnicity, national origin, culture, language, socioeconomic status, sex, handicap (disability), veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression in the provision of or access to services and activities.